Easter is a special day in our family. It is the holiday that defines what we believe as Christians, Jesus rose from the dead rather than dying in vain! Nothing else in life would matter if there was no Easter. So we gather the family to celebrate =)
I woke up early Sunday morning with adrenaline running through my veins ... it's Easter! I forgot church did not start until 9:30, so I had my family dressed, fed, and out the door way too early ... oops =) But thank goodness that just means we made it there 15 minutes early rather than 15 minutes late! So we had coffee in the church cafe ... yum!
This Sunday was the first time that Peyton's cousin Bree and his BFF Kaylyn went to Sunday school with him and he LOVED it! My little brother and his family, me and my family, and my BFF Melisa all sat together and enjoyed an amazing church service! Bummer church is only once a week ... I could start every day that way!
Afterwards my family came over for lunch and festivities. With 3 toddlers, 3 big kids, and a slew of others, it was a mad house in every good and perfect way =) The toddlers understood the Egg Hunt so much more than I thought they would, they loved it. (TIP: If hiding Easter Eggs in Bakersfield, freeze them first or you will have an egg of melted chocolate!)
I feel so blessed to have such great parents, crazy brothers, wonderful sister in laws, amazing nieces and nephews, and loving family. Having everyone together to share in our faith and joy is one of my single favorite things in life =) I hope each and every one of you enjoyed your Easter Sunday as well!
2 comments:
glad you had a wonderful Easter. It was great to see you Sunday:)
familiar looking sippy...does every kid have it? no wonder ollie is so confused and territorial with his.
Easter was a blast! I ate so much good food and probably gained 5 pounds! The boys are eating waaay too much candy though. Maybe it wasn't such a smart idea to bribe Nathan with candy after he goes potty. Oops. ;)
Post a Comment