We are doing a little better as of late. My idea of better means we only missed two worship songs, the boys were bathed, Ryan and I were not stressed passed the point of sanity when we walked through the church doors, both kids made it to the right classrooms with clean clothes on {probably not matching though} and most importantly WE MADE IT TO CHURCH. Do any of you experience such abnormal chaos on Sunday mornings trying to get to church with crazy little munchkins?
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
The Sunday Morning Shuffle
Lets just be honest right upfront, Sunday mornings are pure chaos. Why is that? Why have we not made it to church ON TIME in eons? Why is my dress always wrinkly? Why do my kids still have chunks of last nights dinner in their hair? Why can absolutely NO ONE find a pair of matching socks on a Sunday morning? Why does breakfast take 10 times as long? Why does a successfully potty trained 2 1/2 year old always have accidents as we are leaving the house for church? Why has the infant Tylenol vanished from the face of the earth when a teething 1 year old is thrashing and ripping his Sunday shoes back off to teeth on the soles of the shoes as we are walking out the door? Why does the wife nag the husband about what he is wearing to church? Why is the husband calling the wife to the play room with panic in his voice? Why is the dog running down the street again begging to be chased when we have NO TIME for such games? Why are the boys church clothes being "washed" in the bathtub with baby shampoo? Why is Peyton playing hide and seek with my keys? Is Peyton really being honest when he says he can't remember where he put them? why did I forget to put gas in the car the day before? Why did I think I had time to get on the computer? Who put Lego's in the toilet? Why is Peyton trying to change Cohen's diaper? Why why why is it that the one day of the week where we have TWO adults home to get this family out the door we fail miserably??? Why is it that when we should be preparing our hearts for worship we are plunging our ears on the ride to church to muffle crying babies?!
We are doing a little better as of late. My idea of better means we only missed two worship songs, the boys were bathed, Ryan and I were not stressed passed the point of sanity when we walked through the church doors, both kids made it to the right classrooms with clean clothes on {probably not matching though} and most importantly WE MADE IT TO CHURCH. Do any of you experience such abnormal chaos on Sunday mornings trying to get to church with crazy little munchkins?
We are doing a little better as of late. My idea of better means we only missed two worship songs, the boys were bathed, Ryan and I were not stressed passed the point of sanity when we walked through the church doors, both kids made it to the right classrooms with clean clothes on {probably not matching though} and most importantly WE MADE IT TO CHURCH. Do any of you experience such abnormal chaos on Sunday mornings trying to get to church with crazy little munchkins?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
It is Satan trying to get you to give up and stay home! When we have mornings like that we say a prayer before we doing anything the next morning to start the day right!! Good luck!! It gets easier when Peyton can get his own clothes out and on without help too!!
oh yes, we can relate.
and if I am being completely honest with myself, when we are late to church it's usually because I have not prepared enough the night before. John usually gives baths the night before while I set out all of our church clothes. if these 2 things don't happen, we will be late. SO, for me, church starts the night before. And I really need to start packing diapees and wipees bags the night before too.
one thing I am tempted to do, is change my clock by 15 minutes, so I think we are later than we really are. Have yet to do it though!
if I do the above and we are still late due to unforseen last minute poopy diapers and the likes, I will not feel guilty. sometimes life just happens! little ones are so unpredictable sometimes.
SPIRITUAL WARFARE! Our Sunday mornings are often chaotic and I know it's Satan attacking!! I also think it's what Davi said...not enough preparation on my part. I prepare all week long for my work days, because let's face it, I'm ALWAYS running 5 minutes late. By Sunday, I'm pooped and usually don't prepare like I should. Loved this post though...because it's so true!
Laying out clothes and having the diaper bag packed and ready to go the night before helps a lot! We do tag team, one gets ready while the other helps the kids. Then one gets any last minute items ready while the other one gets dressed. You must get "being late to church" from your parents. ;) Raymond and I would sometimes run a few minutes late, but now that he's responsible to open church and get things ready, we're there really early. Can you retrain your brain into thinking church starts 15 minutes earlier than it really does? I think a lot of people struggle with getting to church (or anywhere!) on time.
This used to be our Sundays until I started laying out exactly what I need/want Stephen to help with. Before it was me doing everything on my own and running around like a crazy lady while Stephen piddled around on the computer, slept in and took a shower.
Yep that is pretty much Sunday morning around here too. It is so much easier when I lay out zoe's clothes and Kurt can just throw them on her. But it get trickier when he works late and I am on my own. Sometimes I will look at the clock and freak out because we are late, but I have to tell myself "The important thing is that I am going to church."
Lisa- I totally know what you mean. Kurt would tink around and slowly get ready and I was frantically curling my hair and feeding Zoe and trying to get everything ready. He gets her ready now so I don't have to worry about that, which helps sooo much.
Oh yeah, I can definitely relate! DEFINITELY!
Ha ha! This made me laugh because I can SO relate. And I never can quite figure out why it seems to go so much worse with two adults either! I'm glad to know we are not the only ones. :)
i've lurked here before (found you through lorieloo and eliza) but had to comment because like everyone else here, i can sooo relate! my husband and i often wonder how we can be such organized professional working people with sucessfull jobs managing multiple people, yet when it comes to two little boys we can't seem to get ahead let alone out on time! you're so not alone!
Post a Comment