When I knew I was having my first baby I began the shopping trip of the century! I wanted the most durable, safe, and even cute of everything. Furniture was something I really researched a lot. There were so many different kinds of cribs out there, and did I really need a separate item of furniture to change the baby on? I opted for this old dresser that is huge from my great grandmother, it is very unique and it was cherry wood! Then I opted to just put a changing pad matres on top of the dresser. And lastly I opted for this beautiful cherry wood crib that transforms all the way into a twin sized bed so that we will not have to get another item of furniture later. Genius! I was so proud.
Ok now 9 months later I am not feeling so genius ... so every morning Peyton spends about 30 minutes just talking to himself in bed. Then we hear little half yells as if he is just making sure there is someone else out there and waiting for a response. When Ryan and I make our morning grand entrance with our big smiles on and a warm bottle we find him standing in his crib jumping up and down. Every morning is like Christmas morning with this little baby, he is just so happy. We never thought about what he might be doing for those 5 or so minutes he is standing in his crib. Well now we know! He has been putting his full mouth of sharp little baby teeth to good use destroying his "forever" crib/bed! Sad day!
4 comments:
That is so sad! Maddy is starting to bite on her crib too... as well as the coffee table and anything else she can reach with her mouth. It seems she'd rather chew on wood than her teathers!
Re: Monday... Nick is working on Sunday and Monday... Maddy and I don't have plans yet. :) We'd love to get together anytime.
Oh no! Well, I know this is a little late, but if you want to protect it from further damage, check out this link: http://newenglandquilter.blogspot.com/2008/04/tutorial-quilted-fabric-crib-rail-guard.html
Also - I did end up starting a family blog - www.therealjohnsons.blogspot.com. There's only one post thus far, but I also just started it yesterday.
I'm SO sorry about the crib! I bought one too that turns into a full bed eventually...looks like I'll need to start making my crib rail pads now!
Yikes! Sam does the EXACT same thing. We have a teething rail on our crib. It is hideous... but at least it is clear... and at least it is preserving the crib I hope to someday have our grandchildren in!!!
Oh, and Sam is 11 months old. We have tried giving him the sippy cup since he was 5 months old and he NEVER took it until the day I weaned him from nursing (two weeks ago). He only took one kind though (and I tried many!). It is a Born Free brand... I got it at Babies R Us and it was like $11 but it has a weird nipple on it that is like halfway between a nipple and a sippy nipple thing. After about a week of that, he now takes almost all other sippy cups! :)
You might be able to fix it by sanding it down and revarnishing if you wanted to do all that work. But even if you leave it, it'll be a good reminder of his chewing days! It's rather cute and it's on the inside so it's not like someone would notice it coming into his room. It's rather cute! Now you know how he has such sharp teeth, he's sharpening them! ;) Just kidding.
Post a Comment