The anxious knots in my stomach were growing into beach balls. As I was getting ready Monday morning all I could think about was that the next time I went to bed I would have baby Cohen in my arms and out of my belly. I was so excited I could not even stand it.
I had all of my ducks in a row ... the hospital was going to call me between 4-6 pm depending on when a bed became available, Ryan would leave work as soon as I got the call, Peyton would be at my parents house, and I had already loaded everything into the car.
4 pm came and went ... I stared at the clock with a severe longing to be told I could come and deliver my dear Cohen soon. 5 pm came and went ... dinner was a must to fill my belly and take my mind off of waiting for the phone call. Finally I called the hospital to see what was going on, well half of Bakersfield went into labor Monday night and there were no beds available. They said to expect a call early in the morning. My heart crashed to the floor!
As I got in bed Monday night I fought to hold back my tears, why was my baby not in my arms yet? I am not sure if it was the adrenaline from the day, the heart break and disappointment, or the still regular contractions I was having, but I was not coming anywhere near sleeping that night! So we went for a 2 am walk around the neighborhood and timed my contractions. When we had two hours of them being 2 minutes apart we headed to the hospital!
I got excited all over again ... maybe I was going to go into natural labor and that I would not even have to be induced! But disappointment came back to my door step when they told me that since they had a shortage in rooms, and I was in the very beginning stages of labor, they wanted me to go home and wait for their call the next morning. The tears came NOW!
I went to bed for about an hour, then got up and starred at my phone waiting for it to ring early Tuesday morning. I had re-loaded everything in the car, Peyton was still at my parents, I was ready for my phone to ring. 8 am came and went, no call. I called and was told the same thing as the night before, still no room. They said to wait for the noon calls to be made. Was this a sick way of trying to teach me patience?!
Ryan and I did some shopping and just hung out Tuesday morning. I felt like something was missing, like the new child that I had anticipated being with us by now! I was getting worried Peyton would not understand what was going on. Noon came and we went, my heart almost fell out ... I thought I would just be pregnant forever!
We went to hang out with Peyton for a few hours hoping that we wold get an evening call and still get to go in on Tuesday. But I was fearing more and more that it would not be a reality. We went to our final stop Jamba Juice, before I threw in the towel and just went home. All I wanted was that one phone call to tell me that my life was about to change forever ... and my phone rang ...
2 comments:
OH gonna cry here! Great cliffhanger:)
yes, i would have been going out of my mind too! what a trying lesson in patience. and crazy that so many babies were being born. yikes.
i think the worst part for me would have been the ever-changing childcare situation. It's a good thing you have parents in town!
can't wait to bring you dinner!
Aww, I had no idea you went in to the hospital again, just to be sent home. I'm so glad he's here and you're not pregnant forever! ;)
Post a Comment