Sunday, August 23, 2009

"That's My Son"

"That's My Son" How Moms can influence boys to become men of character. By Rick Johnson

I just started reading this book today, and I am in love with it! I love how the author captures the true character of boys, from their unique yet distinct smell after an afternoon outside, to the absolute inevitable rambunctiousness and noise level that come along with their gender. I love that the author sees the same urgency that I do in putting 110% into raising boys to be good men that know and love God. I love that the author has insight and experience that I can learn from and become a better mother to my boys.

But most of all, I love that I have two amazing little boys that will someday be amazing men. When I think about this, and think about my role in their lives, I feel overwhelmed with responsibility but overjoyed with my job for the next 20ish years. I can think of no greater blessing than to be the mother of two loud, dirty, curious, wide eyed, destructive, dog chasing, bug loving little boys!

Before bed tonight, when we were reading our bible story, Peyton wanted to snuggle up close enough to me to have my hair draped across his cheek. He would rub my hair along the side of his face and start giggling frantically. His big wide eyes and huge Peyton smile melted my heart. There is something special about how little boys love their mothers, and there is nothing else in the world like it!

No comments: